5. Open the airway. Lift up the chin with one hand. At the same time, push down on the forehead with the other hand.
6. Look, listen, and feel for breathing. Place your ear close to the infant’s mouth and nose. Watch for chest movement. Feel for breath on your cheek.
7. If the infant is not breathing:
8. Continue CPR (30 chest compressions followed by 2 breaths, then repeat) for about 2 minutes.
9. After about 2 minutes of CPR, if the infant still does not have normal breathing, coughing, or any movement, leave the infant to call 911.
10. Repeat rescue breathing and chest compressions until the infant recovers or help arrives.
If the infant starts breathing again, place them in the recovery position. Periodically re-check for breathing until help arrives.