5. Open the airway. Lift up the chin with one hand. At the same time, push down on the forehead with the other hand.
6. Look, listen, and feel for breathing. Place your ear close to the child's mouth and nose. Watch for chest movement. Feel for breath on your cheek.
7. If the child is not breathing:
8. Continue CPR (30 chest compressions followed by 2 breaths, then repeat) for about 2 minutes.
9. After about 2 minutes of CPR, if the child still does not have normal breathing, coughing, or any movement, leave the child if you are alone and call 911. If an AED for children is available, use it now.
10. Repeat rescue breathing and chest compressions until the child recovers or help arrives.
If the child starts breathing again, place them in the recovery position. Periodically re-check for breathing until help arrives.