Among the special procedures performed by the ENT physicians at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, are:
- Head and neck cancer and tumor surgery.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic surgery for pediatric airway disorders.
- Cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Laryngeal and tracheal reconstruction.
- Reconstructive surgery of the middle and outer ear.
- Congenital atresia repair.
- Video nasal endoscopy.
- Fiberscopic laryngoscopy.
- Speech fluoroscopy.
- Removal of foreign bodies from the ears, nose and throat.
- Laser laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy.
- Treatment for complex head and neck tumors.
- Treatment of symptoms resulting from cystic fibrosis.
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy for children with bleeding disorders.
- Routine procedures performed on children with high-risk medical problems.
- Evaluation and treatment for facial trauma.
- Routine and complex surgery for pediatric sinus disease.
- Treatment for craniofacial disorders.
- Treatment for complex airway diseases.
- Treatment for various pediatric otology and neurotology diseases, including mastoid disorders and tumors of the cerebellopontine angle.
- Additionally, physicians perform reconstruction of the eardrum or associated ossicles and repair of congenital aural atresia.