For Medical Professionals
Year 2008 Research & Publications
Nursing Research, Evidence-Based Projects & Publications
Year 2008 Publications
- Richard Bolanos, RN, BSN, CPN. Bedside Briefings: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, handoffs happen with patients included. Nursing Spectrum, January 28, 2008 addition.
- Nieves, J. (January 2008) Pediatric Nursing Certification Board: 2008-9 Pediatric Nursing Self-Assessment Exercise and Reference Manual.
- Rossi, A.F., Fishberger, S., Hannan, R.L., Nieves, J., Dobrolet, N., & Burke, R.P. (2008). Frequency and indications for tracheostomy and gastrostomy after congenital heart surgery. Pediatric Cardiology, 1432-1971.
- Lobar, S., Brooten, D., Youngblut, J.,Hernandez, L., Herrera-Perdigon, J., Royal, S., Robins, C. (2008) The experience of being an asthma amigo in a program to decrease asthma episodes in hispanic children. Journal of Pediatric Nursing 23 (5): 364-371.
- Brown, M. (2008). Does family involvement and psychosocial support influence coping in teenage patients who have congenital heart disease? Pediatric Nursing, 34(5), 405-411.
- Srinivasalu, H.; Jordan-Villegas, A.; Blouin, W; Carro, J.;Hernandez-Trujillo, V.P.; “Hyper IgM Syndrome due to AID Deficiency in Two Patients from the Dominican Republic”, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.121(2):S165,February, 2008.
- Tahmooressi, J.M. (2008). Ask the expert: Promote health with a smoke-free hospital campus. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, 13(4), 292-294
- Brooten, D., Youngblut, J.M., Royal, S., Lobar, S., Cohn, S., & Hernandez, L. (2008). Outcomes of an asthma program: Healthy Children, Healthy Homes. Pediatric Nursing, 34(6), 448-451.
- Jo Ann Nieves: Congenital Heart Disease: From the Simple to the Complex. National Neonatal Nurses Association Meeting. September 26, 2008. Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Jo Ann Nieves: Children with Single Ventricles: From Fetus to Fontan Procedure. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing, Cardiovascular Nursing Pre- Conference. Presented by Contemporary Forums. October 5, 2008. San Francisco CA.
- Jo Ann Nieves: Pulmonary Hypertension in Congenital Heart Disease: Nursing Management. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing, Cardiovascular Nursing Pre- Conference. Presented by Contemporary Forums. October 6, 2008. San Francisco CA.
- Jo Ann Nieves, RN: Truncus Artertiosus. Cardiovascular Nursing Pre- Conference. Presented by Contemporary Forums. October 5-6, 2008. San Francisco CA.
- Jo Ann Nieves, RN: Conference Organizer with Gwen Fosse - Pediatric Critical Care Nursing, Cardiovascular Nursing Pre- Conference. Presented by Contemporary Forums. October 5-6, 2008. San Francisco CA.
- Jo Ann Nieves, RN: Nursing Program Moderator, Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension. American Heart Association Sessions. New Orleans, LA, November 10, 2008.
- Dobrolet Nancy, Nieves, Jo Ann, RN, et al. High risk clinic follow-up to decrease inter-stage morbidity and mortality following single ventricle palliation. Europe 2008 – European Symposium of the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society, Monte Carlo, March 27 – 30, 2008.
- Luisa Angel, RN: Alteracion de la dinamica familiar cuando hay un ni~o con problemas cronicos cardiovasculares. (Alterations in the family dynamics when there is a child with chronic cardiovascular problems) International Congress of Nursing/ XI Update for Nursing in the Cardiovascular and Intensive Care Unit, Bogata, Columbia. October 2008
- Luisa Angel, RN: Avances en el tratamiento de enfermedades cardiovasculares congenitas: tecnicas en desarrollo (Advances in the treatment of congenital heart disease: developing techniques). International Congress of Nursing/ XI Update for Nursing in the Cardiovascular and Intensive Care Unit, Bogata, Columbia. October 2008
- Luisa Angel, RN: Cuidado de enfermeria a pacientes de un solo ventriculo: variaciones en practica clinica y posibles alternativas para el manejo de pacientes (Nursing care of the patient with a single ventricle: variations in practice and possible alternatives for care). International Congress of Nursing/ XI Update for Nursing in the Cardiovascular and Intensive Care Unit, Bogata, Columbia, October 2008
- Carol Roach, RN, , Nazia Husain, MD, Jennifer Zabinsky, MEng, Elizabeth Welch, MD, Ruchira Garg, MD: Moderate sedation for Echocardiography in Preschoolers. Southeast Pediatric Cardiovascular Society, September 2008
- Nazia Husain, MD, Carol Roach, RN, Ruchira Garg, MD, Elizabeth Welch, MD: Practices of sedating preschoolers for Echocardiography in the Americas. Southeast Pediatric Cardiovascular Society, September 2008.
- Jill Tahmooressi, RN: From Vision to Reality: Achieving Zero Medication Errors. NACHRI Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 2008.
- Deborah Delfavero, RN, Michelle Burke, ARNP: Successful Mentorship Program in Progress in the Pediatric Hematology Unit, South Florida Research Consortium Conference "Connecting the Dots: Links to Research and Practice", Florida Atlantic Univeristy, Boca Raton, Florida, October 2008.
- Kristeen Roberts, MSN, RN, CPN- 2008 International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence Survey
- Bing Wood, MSN, ARNP -Skin Integrity
- Jo Ann Nieves, MSN, ARNP, PNP-BC, CPN- Home Surveillance and Feeding Strategies in Infants with Complex Single Ventricle
- Jo Ann Nieves, MSN, ARNP, PNP-BC, CPN- Adults with Congenital Heart Disease
- Jo Ann Nieves, MSN, ARNP, PNP-BC, CPN- Family Stress, Coping,and Outcomes following the diagnosis of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
- Mary Ernst, MSN, ARNP, NE-BC- Exploration of the experiences of the parents regarding the death of their child in PICU
- Debbie DelFavero, MSN, RN, CPN- The Therapy Related Symptom Checklist for Children (TRSC-C)
- Gisel Stark, MSN, ARNP-BC- Biofeedback Outcomes in Pediatric Patients
- Deborah Hill-Rodriguez, MSN, ARNP, PCNS-BC- CHCA Pediatric Inpatient Falls Study
- JoAnne Younblut, MSN, ARNP, FAAN- Death in the PICU/NICU