Pediatric Ophthalmology Consultants is the office name of the private practice that serves as the Division of Ophthalmology at Miami Children's Hospital. We offer a full range of ophthalmic and optical services for children and young adults to the age of 21 years as well as adult strabismus (deviation of the eyes) problems.
The services covered in the office include:
- Congenital malformations of the lids and eyes
- Evaluation for vision problems (refractive errors)
- Infantile and childhood glaucoma
- Infantile and developmental cataracts and intraocular lens implantation
- Lacrimal or tearing problems
- Medical and surgical problems of infantile and childhood strabismus
- Neuro-ophthalmic causes of visual loss
- Ocular injuries
- Ocular tumors
- Ptosis (droopiness of the lids)
In depth consultations are offered within the hospital setting for infants with retinopathy of prematurity, multiple congenital defects, severe facial injuries, and in support of infants and children being evaluated for metabolic and neurologic problems. Complete contact lens services and an optical shop are available as part of the practice at Miami Children's Hospital.