Nicklaus Children's Hospital Children's Medical Services Primary Care Program (CMS) offers families and patients Care Coordination services to eligible patients and families.
Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital Pediatric Care Center
serves as a medical home for your child/children while enrolled in the Nicklaus Children's CMS Primary Care Program.
Some services Nicklaus Children's Hospital CMS Primary Care Program provides its patients are:
- Nurse Care Coordination
- Scheduling Assistance
- Locating Community Resources for families and patients
- Social Work
Additional educational information available for age related concerns, injury prevention and safety, and various illnesses are available to you by visiting:
You may contact the MCH/CMS Primary Care Program at 786-624-2490.
What are the requirements?
- The patient needs to be a Florida Kid Care, Medicaid/ Medipass member.
- The patient needs to be between the ages of 0-21 years of age.
- The patient needs to have a chronic medical condition.
How can I enroll?
- To enroll please call the Florida Department of Health Children’s Medical Services at 1-800-490-4779
For more information please visit: http://www.cms-kids.com
What is Care Coordination?
"Care Coordination is a process that links children with special health care needs and their families to services and resources in a coordinated effort to maximize the potential of the children and provide them with optimal health care. Children with special health care needs (CSHCN) require access to treatment and special services which take into account their overall growth and development."Source: (Pediatrics, Vol. 104, #4, October 1999, pp 978-981).