All graduates of approved osteopathic medical schools are eligible for our osteopathic pediatric residency program, including those who have completed additional approved training. The program accepts COMLEX scores.Application
Our Pediatric Residency Program application process begins each September through the online Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The deadline to apply through ERAS is December 1st of each year. You can access the ERAS website at www.aamc.org/eras
All submitted applications are reviewed by faculty members of the selection committee, and candidates who are selected for one-day interviews will be contacted via email. Interviews are usually scheduled between November 1 and January 31. Each interview date has limited space, so be sure to respond early to schedule your interview on the day that works best for you. Applicants are welcome to request interviews with faculty members in their areas of special interest.
A typical interview day consists of Radiology Conference or Grand Rounds attendance, interviews with faculty physicians (usually three in total), lunch with the residents, a tour of the Hospital and a brief wrap-up session.
We offer a night's stay in a nearby hotel with transportation to and from the Hospital for candidates coming from out of town, and a dinner the night before the interview with Miami Children's Hospital Pediatric residents to answer your questions.
Stipends and Benefits
Benefits offered to residents and fellows at Miami Children's Hospital include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Competitive salaries (vary according to the postgraduate level)
• Subsidized Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Medical Malpractice insurance
• Four weeks paid vacation, other family leave is also available
• Educational stipends dispersed each year of training
• Acceptance of exclusively J1 visa sponsored by the ECFMG
• Paid American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) membership with yearly prep subscription
• Paid American Osteopathic Association (AOA) membership
• Membership to the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians (ACOP)
• Paid attendance to one ACOP conference during the three year residency
• Resident retreats
In addition, the hospital offers free parking, scrubs and lab coats, meals during conferences and while on-call, and access to the hospital's employee gym.
All benefits are discussed in more detail during the interview process.