Miami Children's Hospital Pediatric Radiology Fellowship Program provides an ideal blend of academic rigor and private practice volume in order to ensure an outstanding training for our residents and fellows, who wish to pursue careers in both, academic or private practice. The fellowship program is a one-year program fully accredited by ACGME offering three Fellowship positions yearly.
The Pediatric Radiology Fellowship Program, directed by Ricardo Restrepo, M.D offers subspecialty expertise provided by twelve enthusiastic Pediatric Radiologists from a wide spectrum of training. Some radiologists are double fellowship certified in neuroradiology, interventional radiology, chest imaging and MRI. All imaging modalities and subspecialties are offered including:
· Ultrasound, radiographs, nuclear medicine and fluoroscopy
· Interventional radiology
· Cardio- thoracic imaging
· Fetal MRI
In 2012, the department performed approximately 170,000 studies using state of the art equipment such as:
· Four 1.5 T and one 3 T MR machines.
· One Dual energy Siemens FLASH CT scanner and one 16 Slice CT-PET scanner.
· Eleven ultrasound machines (and a dedicated vascular technologist).
· Two state of the art Fluoroscopy suites.
· One densitometry scanner,
· One triple head SPECT camera and two planar gamma cameras.
· Nine DR and two CR radiology rooms in the main campus.